Mambo Step, Step 2
The basic steps as their name suggest are the basic feet movement and one of the first thing a salsa dancer should learn. In practice the basic steps are not used as commonly as the Guapea which is the basic movement of cuban or casino style salsa dancing. They are however used more commonly in closed formation or when freestyling.
1. On 1 the boys take left foot a bit forwards shiftting the weight to the foot as well. The girls take the right foot backwards.
2. On 2 both partners stepping with the next foot in the place. Boys with the right foot, girls with the left foot.
3. On 3 both partners taking the back foot and return it to the middle back to the beginning form. Boys with the left foot, and girls with the right foot.
4. On 4 there is a pause.
5. On 5 the boys take the right foot backwards. The girls take the left foot forward. Remember not only to send the leg forward but to shift the weight as well.
6. On 6 the girls and the boys are both stepping with the next foot in the place. Boys with the left foot, and girls with the right foot.
7. On 7 both partners taking the front foot and return it to the middle back to the beginning form. Boys with the left foot, girls with the right foot.
8. On 8 there is a pause.